Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Crafty Space!!!

I wanted to share my new crafty space with all of you and show how my husband put together a lovely new desk that didn't break the bank! The table top is 3 feet by 8 feet and I love every inch!!! Total cost was under $200. It was a perfect Valentine's gift from my hubby!

Before I dive into showing you the mess it was before take a look at how nice and organized an lovely it all is!!




I apologize for the lighting but the photos are too bright in the daytime :)

Here is the desk before it was filled to the brim with my junk!!


I absolutely adore it!!

To start the desk my husband cut the shelves down to the height that I wanted. Originally they were all three feet, which even with a tall chair was just too high for me. We picked the table top out from some oak at the hardware store. Along with the plug in light :)


After the stain had dried on the trim he started putting pieces together.


 
He used brackets for added support so there wouldn't be any bowing on the top- Not very pretty or good for stamping either!! After the table top was on he stacked and attached the top shelf.
 
Here's my horrible before picture!! I just didn't have anywhere for stuff to go!



And here it is after!!

Thank you for taking a look!!! I'm sorry I didn't get measurements on pieces! Next time ;)

 photo Post-stamp_zps8daebe52.jpg

2 comments: